Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bald

a flower from our garden that Hillel and I painted this week

Busy week, and social  weekend so I'm late for my weekly post.

On Friday I asked our hairdresser to come to shave my head. My hair started to fall in locks for the last days .. The time had come. It was a painful but brief moment. I cried. Denis and Lia held my hands. The boys went out to the garden and came to kiss me when it was over.
Hillel and Nadav were sad. But already last night Nadav told me: "Mom, you're hot, take off your scarf I really do not mind seeing  your head without hair."

This morning we spoke over breakfast about the advantages of baldness: economy on shampoos and brushes; shortening shower time and thus saving water; no more unwanted little itching guests that the children bring home every summer; aeration thru the  head which is a big advantage during the hot Israeli summer.

I started trying scarves and hats and I think it will be an opportunity for daring to have fun .. I am usually so unimaginative in my dressing. I read an article in a magazine Cancer: "This is my head and I take responsibility". The testimonies of these women touched me, it's in french. Some people thought that I became religious which is quite amusing for me.


Aside from that, it was a good week full of great conversations with friends from here and from far away.

I had good news at work: three new projects beginning!

And also I enjoyed a great birthday: 45 Springs! Thank you to Denis and the children and also to all the friends who wished me a speedy recovery. Special Thank you to Sophie who sent me the most beautiful Bouquet I received in my life, a marvel!

Thanks to Dr. Loo my acupuncturist, I even managed to suffer less from these nasty nausea!

Finally, big thank you to Natie, Abigail, Arbel, Judy and Claire who have prepared delicious food for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment